Adolescent Homelessness and Trafficking
2015 Protective Custody Lawyer Training
Thank you to those who attended the Court Improvement Program funded training:
TRIAL ADVOCACY FOR THE MAINE PROTECTIVE CUSTODY ATTORNEY
which was held on April 2 and 3, 2015
The Family Division was pleased to offer a two (2)-day training conference sponsored by the federal Court Improvement Program Training Grant. The majority of this Maine-specific child protective litigation training was be presented by the Juvenile Law Society (JLS) using proprietary materials developed in concert with the National Institute for Trial Advocacy (NITA).
The materials are now available for download by clicking on the link below. The Juvenile Law Society textbook, "Trial Advocacy for the Child Welfare Lawyer: Telling the Story of the Family" is available for purchase here or here.
Video of the conference will be available in the coming weeks. Please contact Kristina Gefvert, JD at 207-213-2866 for more information.
You may also download the 2015 Materials here.
2015 Protective Custody Lawyer Training >
News and Information
- 2015 Video Gallery from the Children's Bureau
- 2015 Prevention Resource Guide: Making Meaningful Connections
- Trusting Relationships Are Central To Children's Learning--Lessons from Edward Tronick
- Maine's High-Risk Infants and Maternal Health and Wellbeing: The Maine Infant Follow-Up Project
- UMaine Student Studies Methadone's Effect on Infants
- New York Times article, "Newly Born and Dependent on Drugs"
- Journal of the American Medical Association. "Epidemic of Prescription Opiate Abuse and Neonatal Abstinence"
- Placement Stability and Number of Children in a Foster Home
Information for Family Representation
Regional resources for families - click here